Saturday, July 18, 2009

Who IS this baby???

First off...my trip to Cincinnati for a work conference was definitely a success. I missed the babies, but knew they were in good hands with Daddy and Nana, and the girls that I went with were so much fun! We enjoyed eating at all kinds of restaurants all over Cincinnati, and even took a stab at Salsa dancing (okay...some of them did. I mostly watched...). The conference itself was better than it had been in the past two years, which was good for all of us. I came back relatively refreshed, ready to go back to work, and so excited to see the kiddies!

So...I get home, and it's time for Amelia to eat. I go over to her bed...and she's SOOO active! She looks straight up at me, and smiles this enormous, enormous smile! What a welcome home, right? I fix her bottle, get her changed and up, and start to feed her--and she won't eat because she is TALKING to me! I was gone three whole days--just three--and Amelia changed from a sweet, but fairly quiet, calm baby, to a wiggling, smiling, TALKING little girl! Sounds pretty cheesy, but I had tears in my eyes while she was "talking" to me that day. I hadn't seen her so active and alert before; she definitely had a huge personality. She's been that way every since, too. I've learned that she is a VERY happy baby; she has an easy smile that comes pretty much any time you talk to her! It's so hard to put into words, but it's almost like she just "woke up". It made me realize all over again what a miracle this little girl is. She's just truly amazing, in every way. She's 3 1/2 months adjusted (almost 6 actual!), and only a little over 5 pounds...just truly miraculous. Don't even get me started talking about how, according to numerous doctors, she's not even supposed to be here...

Here is a series of pics of Amelia smiling and talking to me yesterday. What a sweet girl:






No comments:

Post a Comment